· Post to direct link: We have found that the Gradebook will work a bit better if the teacher goes DIRECTLY to the Gradebook site https://gb.graniteschools.org/gb to post their grades. They can access this link off the launch pad or main District site under Employees/Gradebook-teachers.
· Is Final Posting Final?: A teacher can add more assignments after they posted and enter scores for those assignments, however, in order for the Gradebook to reflect those changes, the teacher will need to go back to the posting screen for the concept they just entered new scores for, take out ALL scores posted, and click the Fill button again to repost the scores to reflect the recalculated grades. Then SAVE. Teachers can repost during the posting window. But once it is closed the grades stand and cannot be changed.
· Secondary Performance Code Issue: Thanks to some teachers who found a glitch in entering performance codes. When entering performance codes if you type a code and arrow down, you will just get a code ie. 5. If you SAVE the code will disappear and not show up. To correct this, when you type in a code, make sure you click on the drop down that shows what the code means ie. 5 - EXCESSIVE ABSENCES AND/OR TARDINESS as shown in red below. It should be fixed today, but if not, follow the instructions I just gave you.
· Kindergarten Benchmarks: Many kindergarten teachers have posted their Benchmark A for the 1st quarter but when they go into posting the Skills (citizenship) in the Kindergarten Final their scores are not there. There is a 4-5 hr delay in the scores showing up in Kindergarten Final pg. I would suggest teachers enter all Benchmark A scores and wait till the following day to enter all Kindergarten final scores for Skills (Citizenship), so it will show up when they are posting their final Skills. This needs to be done by 11:59p.m. November 4th which is the same date as the posting window so their benchmarks can be printed out with report cards.
· Can we enter 2nd Quarter scores?: You can begin entering scores for the 2nd quarter even if the 1st quarter window is not closed. When you create a new assignment choose in Grading period: Quarter 2 and fill in all the fields and SAVE. Now the assignment will be reflected in Quarter 2.
· How to Drop Lowest Grade: Choose a course section and go to that Gradebook. Off to the left in the Action bar, click on the icon that looks like a scissor and choose what fields you want and SAVE. See attachment.